Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The inconsistent blogger...

I am obviously not a good consistent blog poster. Maybe it is because I have not narrowed down exactly what I want to post about! I mean, I love to cook and craft, so there are options. Maybe as I embark on this adventure of being a mom, I will be inspired to blog about mommyhood, who knows! Or you may just get an update of the adventures and going ons of the Riley household. As is obvious, I have not quite narrowed it down yet, but I would enjoy to blog more.

That being said, I announced previously that we are having a baby and I figured I would go ahead and share the gender as well! Finding out was an exciting adventure because our immediate family joined us for a 3D ultrasound for the reveal. Everyone thought that we were having a boy, with the exception of two of my gal pals and I do not think I was ever convinced personally. They all fell into the trap of believing in the old wives tales. Since I did not experience any sickness or cravings (except for healthy food) and did not show or really gain weight until about 20 weeks, that meant that I was having a boy. 

Surprise!


It's a girl! Here is our announcement that we posted to share with the friends we had not yet told.

The best part about finding out was James' response. He just sat there for a good long minute and did not say anything! His first words were "I need to get more guns" and "She already has me wrapped around her finger"! So we have been embarking on this adventure of decorating the nursery and preparing for little Emery Grace Riley to join us. 

Next, I will share some photos of the nursery because much of it has been the handy DIY work of my sweet husband. Emery and I our lucky girls to have him! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading your comments makes me smile real big :)