Thursday, February 10, 2011

Love is in the air!!!

I am very thankful that James and I share an interest in the arts. This comes in all different forms: painting, scrapbooking, sewing, random house projects (such as our pot rack), making jewelry, photography, and more. James is always great about giving his input which helps to add a special touch to every piece.

We both have quite different styles and methods of doing things. I usually have no plan and just let the creative juices flow bound by no rules. James is organized, has a ton of knowledge, and thinks things through really well. We make quite a pair! I have greatly enjoyed the experience of starting a photography company with my hubby which we have had for about two years (wow!). I have learned that it is quite difficult starting a business because photo gear is mega expensive, there are a million photographers in Charleston, and getting your name out there is tough!

But, we have been blessed to work with wonderful people and capture awesome moments. Recently, we had an opportunity to photograph an extremely cute couple, Anthony and Corinne. This was a special photo shoot because there was a secret involved. That secret? Anthony planned to propose to Corinne during the shoot! Here are a few pictures:


Here is one that I shot right before Anthony popped the question. Let me tell you that I am surprised it is in focus because my hands were shaking soooo much!

I have a lot more to learn about photography but I have a really smart, handsome teacher :) If you want to see the rest of this photo shoot and others, go visit the website at http://www.jasriley.com/. They won't be small, fuzzy, and compressed there (don't quite have the settings down for blogspot!).

I am also so so so very excited for one of my best gal pals and her husband- Chelsie and Robbie- because they are having a baby!!! I can't wait to take pictures of her cute little baby bump. Here's a picture we took in November that, in my opinion, completely defines their relationship:

Yay for laughter and love! I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day! Remember that every day is worth celebrating and showing love to each other.

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures!! :) And what a wonderful proposal idea, so you can capture the wonderful moment! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome. And so uber duber sweet. I love you gal!

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes me smile real big :)