Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Random Musings

I have a lot of friends who post blogs about random musings so I figured I would join in!

1. Odd Sense-ability
The other day, I smelled diesel fuel coming from an old nasty truck and guess what I immediately thought of? "Oooh, ice cream truck!" That is a horrible smell to associate with a sweet childhood memory. I often associate scents in an odd manner.

2. Potato Backs

This is what I call the french fries from Chick-fil-A that are squishy and rounded instead of waffle-like and crispy. My gal pal, Lane-o calls them Butt Fries-what about you? No matter the name, I think they are gross!

3. Shout Out

This might embarrass my husband, but I will share it anyways: James paints my toes for me. I am absolutely horrible at it and he is an artist after all! He recently told me to stop buying cheap nail polish! Since then, I have been obsessed with OPI! Today I am wearing a dark shimmery green! Thanks babe!


4. Babies Everywhere!
I have a million friends who are pregnant right now! This makes me happy because I can play with all of their babies and learn all of their mommy secrets. This also means we will be busy taking a lot of pictures during this season-yay!

5. Speaking of Babies...

No, I am not prego, or trying! Everytime I tell someone that I don't want to get an epidural (In the future when I get round) they think I am crazy! I believe I am strong enough. My doc told me childbirth will be a breeze compared to my past injuries! See this pic? No gracias!


6. Graduate School Makes Me Think
Such as the other day in class, the teacher said something funny and everyone responded by laughing. You are probably thinking, duh! It made me wonder where laughing comes from. Is it a conditioned response (learned) or is it a natural biological reaction? Deep.

7. Working on Working Out
I have been wanting to get toned for a while now. I will admit that I bought a skirt bottom last year to disguise my bottom! Thankfully, I have an honest gal pal (Courtney) who pointed out that A. I am 23 and B. I am not a mom yet. Therefore, a skirt bottom is silly unless it is just really stinking cute. I will share my health plan with you in my next post.

There are some of my random musings for the day. Now I am off to help James mow the lawn and hopefully get a bike ride in with my hubby and pups! I am loving this Spring-like weather!

2 comments:

  1. Rachel, you are so cute!

    I don't want to get an epidural either. I of course appreciate medical technology, but I think that childbirth should be as natural as possible.

    Can't wait for your health post : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Rabun! Ha, I know a lot of people change their mind once they go into labor. I think if you have the mind set ahead of time, then you can do it!

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes me smile real big :)