Saturday, April 24, 2010

Embracing Accusations

"The father of lies coming to steal kill and destroy all my hopes of being good enough
I hear him saying cursed are the ones who can’t abide. He’s right. Alleluia he’s right!
The devil is preaching the song of the redeemed, that I am cursed and gone astray.
I cannot gain salvation. Embracing accusation.
Could the father of lies be telling the truth of God to me tonight?

If the penalty of sin is death then death is mine.
I hear him saying cursed are the ones who can’t abide, he’s right. Alleluia he’s right!
Oh the devil’s singing over me an age old song that I am cursed and gone astray.
Singing the first verse so conveniently

He’s forgotten the refrain
JESUS SAVES!"



You have to listen to this song by Shane and Shane. I could not stop crying as I watched them perform it this past Thursday at CSU because it so spoke to my heart. I realize that I have strayed from the message that I am saved by Jesus’ blood. Instead, I act like my relationship with God is dependent on my performance. If I am not keeping disciplined in my quiet times, prayers, etc then I feel like I start praying and think that I am not worthy of talking to God, that He does not want to hear what I have to say, and that I deserve nothing. I feel guilty to ask anything of Him. Something in the back of my mind tells me that I am not good enough. Or maybe if I did better then God would love me more and things would come out better. This song took me back to remember that it does not matter what I do or who I am. Jesus did not die to save people who were perfectly obedient, otherwise His blood would have been wasted. Ultimately, I really do not deserve to be loved and blessed, but I am because my God saves. No matter what I have done and what I do, I will forever be saved.



Because the sinless Savior died my sinful soul is counted free.
For God, the Just, is satisfied, to look on Him and pardon me.



Thank you Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading your comments makes me smile real big :)