Friday, April 1, 2011

Cracking Up on April Fools

Being that today is April Fools, a quite hilarious memory comes to mind.

In 2007, James and I played an April fools joke on our friends:
We faked that we got engaged!

We did not call anyone (I wouldn't be able to lie!), but simply changed our facebook statuses and posted pictures online. Now, I understand this is a completely cheesy joke and has been overplayed. Therefore, I was thinking, no big deal!

Oh, but it was! People on facebook were freaking out. I had friends calling me and commenting on all of our pictures, pages, and status updates. I even had old high school friends calling me! Some were freaking out in a good way and others were not.

Most people did not know James and I were together for the first half of our dating relationship (that is another story). Therefore, people thought we had only been dating maybe two months. I would guess that we had well over 100 people convinced that we were engaged.

The reason everyone was so convinced is actually really funny! They all said "It's because you had a picture with his mom!" Here is that picture and a few others:

I am glad that Momma Riley was awesome enough to get in on the joke with us. Eventually everything settled and we got a few lectures from our friends!

But, guess what?! We got engaged about two months later!

I'll have to tell that story another time. For now, I am cracking up laughing remembering the chaos our April Fools joke caused. What is the best joke you have played or someone played on you?

1 comment:

  1. that was the same year my brother convinced me that his gf was preggo. it was a stressful day....

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes me smile real big :)